Tuesday 1 May 2007

Bridge to Babylon







Three snaps from tonight's journey home from work; where I bike from south to north from sleepy Barton (once home to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre bloke Robert Elmer Kleeson - it says on Wikipedia) across the mighty Humber to the aggressive, bonkers, thoroughly charming once you get to know her, Hull. Babylon is a newsagent, in case you were wondering. Just thought this picture summed up the schizoid nature of my days - avoiding pheasants and rabbits in deepest Lincs, leafing through eight different Tractor mags (Old Tractor, Psychedelic Tractor, Platonic Tractor etct etc) at lunchtime, then back to Hull for idiots stepping in front of my bike and through the red light district I used to call my home (Anlaby Road, to those in know). All done to a soundtrack of Neil Young (Live At Massey Hall - hey, Neil can make even tuning up seem amazing - it even gets a round of applause) and the wonderful Vetiver's I Know No Pardon.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

'across the mighty Humber to the aggressive, bonkers, thoroughly charming once you get to know her, Hull.' I like your journalism.